The OmniSwitch™ 9000E Chassis LAN Switch (CLS) family is comprised of the OmniSwitch 9700E, OmniSwitch 9702E and the OmniSwitch 9800E. The OmniSwitch 9000E family has a common set of network interfaces, power supplies and fan trays to accommodate various connectivity needs and simplify inventory.
The OmniSwitch 9000E family of products is fully featured, highly available, high performance chassis-based LAN switches designed to be used in the core as well as in LAN access.
The OmniSwitch 9000E family supports both high-density 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GigE) configurations for core networking and high-density GigE with or without Power over Ethernet (PoE) following the latest high power (IEEE 802.3at) standards.
Operational network availability is supported by the use of hot-swappable and redundant components. It is enhanced by the in-service software upgrade (ISSU) capability, which allows a network to remain operational during patches of the core operating system.
The OmniSwitch 9000E family has native and full support of IPv4/IPv6, addressing the need for migration from IPv4 to IPv6 or new IPv6 deployments. It also brings carrier technology such as Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) into the enterprise campus, featuring Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS). VPLS is a standardized protocol invented by Alcatel-Lucent to virtualize local networks over MPLS without the need for Border Gateway Protocol (BGP).
The OmniSwitch 9000E family provides advanced security and quality of service (QoS) features at an attractive price and is fully supported by the Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista™ 2500 Network Management System (NMS).
OmniSwitch 9000E Models
- OmniSwitch 9800E - Our largest chassis, features the highest port density and performance available for large enterprise networks. It offers high availability through: a design that features no single point of failure, smart continuous switching operation, and in service software upgrade capability. Plus, it performs at extremely low power consumption levels.
- OmniSwitch 9700E - Our workhorse product, combining the value of the OS9800E in a smaller form factor.
The OmniSwitch 9000E is a newer version of the OmniSwitch 9000 family. The OmniSwitch 9000E family offers additional capabilities such as multiple virtual routing and forwarding, MPLS, in-service software upgrade capabilities and extremely low power consumption.
Benefits: OmniSwitch 9000E
- Prevents business interruption from failures with a combination of redundancy and resilient topology protocols:
- The system redundancy protects all critical functions, such as powering (redundant power supplies with AC and DC options), cooling (redundant fans) and switch management (redundant CMMs), with transparent failover and ISSU.
- The extensive support of Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols provides a highly available infrastructure.
- Protects investment with a modular and scalable connectivity (GigE and 10GigE), but also with regular software updates to keep on track with evolving standards (IEEE, IETF and ITU), such as IPv6 and MPLS
- Protects business assets against direct attacks on the infrastructure (malicious and denial of service [DoS] attacks) and enforces IT policy for pre- and post-admission control (unique traffic anomaly detection)
- Reduces energy costs through the system’s low power dissipation (less than 2000 W in the most powerful case configuration)
Features: OmniSwitch 9000E
- Smart continuous switching for non-stop operation in redundant CMM configuration
- ISSU for hitless operating system patches
- Passive backplane and redundant active components (power supply units, fans, CMMs)
- Extensive Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocol support for spatial resiliency
High performance and scalability
- Wire-rate processing for simultaneous Layer 2/IPv4/IPv6 traffic (unicast and multicast)
- High density with GigE (up to 384 ports) and 10GigE (up to 192 ports)
- Best network response time through hardware-based forwarding at first packet
- Flexible device/user authentication with Alcatel-Lucent Access Guardian™ (IEEE 802.1X/MAC/captive portal)
- with host integrity check (HIC)
- Built-in intrusion detection system (IDS) with traffic anomaly detection (TAD)
- Extensive support access features such as learned port security (LPS), port mapping, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) binding tables and user network profile (UNP)
Large campus and metro network
- Layer 2 deployment using stacked virtual LANs (VLANs), including operations, administration and maintenance (OA&M) toolbox and multicast support
- Layer 3 deployment using multiple virtual routing and forwarding (VRF)
- IP/MPLS deployment using VPLS
- Enhanced VoIP and video performance with policy-based QoS
- Future-ready support for multimedia applications with wire-rate multicast
- IEEE 802.3at PoE+ support for IP phones, wireless LAN access points and video cameras